life is always about the journey...

Friday, May 9, 2014

Gift Giving!


The Gift Giver


I love shopping for unique gifts for friends and family.  There are so many amazing artists and crafters out there and on Etsy that it is a must-stop for me when I have gifts to buy.  I want people to know I put thought into their gifts and spent the time choosing it just for them.  Of course gift cards work well for lots of occasions too (hehehe) but I prefer to add something special in with a gift card too.  Whether you buy it or make it....its all good!

So I thought every other week I'd share some fabulous Etsy or Web finds that I loved or purchased with you all in case you need/want some ideas as well!  And being a fellow artist, crafter & DIYer I always love to support other companies and artists that have items that are handmade too!



I absolutely ADORE all the gorgeous items at Senay Studio. I've shared items from this store before (gorgeous hand painted pillows). I love that they now have beautiful floral phone cases as well...they are stunning and perfect for anyone that loves flowers & watercolors.  They come in sizes for iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones and iPads.



I bought quite a few of these for Christmas gifts this year from QueenBee Trading Co.  I LOVE Lotion Bars...little different from squeezable lotion.  You take the bar and hold it in your hand for a few secs to warm it, then rub your hands with it all over, place back in the tin and rub your hands together.  They smell good, they are all natural and they leave your hands silky smooth...not greasy!  And at $5 a tin they make great add-on gifts too!  They'd be perfect to add to a gardening kit for your favorite gardener.



These grilling planks are perfect for the grill-man (or woman) in your life...great gift for Father's Day!
I like this sampler pack for $24.99 a lot which includes all 6 flavors of wood planks to try out (Cedar, Alder, Maple, Hickory. Red Oak and Cherry). 
For each plank flavor they have food pairings that work well with each & you can send them a message and they will share recipes with you as well.  Made from sustainable wood sources and all natural...can't beat that.  I'm thinking they will be great for both my hubby and dad for Father's Day Gifts.



Felix Street Studio
Handmade leather toiletry bags that are personalized with a monogram are perfect for ANY man in your life. I love that they are handmade and come in so many different colors.  My hubs has had one I bought him when we were first married and he STILL uses it 19 years later...good quality lasts. So these run $75 but they are something the recipient will have for a long time.  Amp the gift up by putting in some great men's products like those by The Art of Shaving 4 Elements Starter Kit (my husband's fave)!



And I love these simple but elegant mini vases crafted by hand from Wapa!  Just beautiful alone or grouped together with some fresh blooms of summer in them.  The one at the very top is my personal favorite...love the embossed pattern!



And you can never go wrong with jewelry...especially earrings an bracelets.  I love anything that has sea glass in it...reminds me of my favorite place to be near the ocean.  I like the delicate look of these earrings from Biker Bling Cand of course the beautiful colors of the sea in the glass.


Those earrings would be beautiful paired up with this sea glass bracelet from
Bellina Creations!  Gorgeous!


That's the best thing about Etsy too, you can shop from so many artists all at once....so head on over & load your cart up!!  Or "favorite" shops and items you love by clicking on the hearts so they are easy to find when you are ready to buy!




Share:

4 comments

  1. Wow, you've picked some amazing things! Just love those phone cases. And the grilling planks are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - I just got the wood grilling planks for my future son-in-law whose birthday is in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - I just picked up the wood grilling planks for my future son-in-law whose birthday is in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the vases, Suzanne. They are so original. Gorgeous jewelry too. I've been thinking I should sell some of my handmade jewelry on my Etsy site.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig