life is always about the journey...

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Coral Started It!



One Pair of Pants = 7 Outfits!


It all started with these coral jeans I got from White House Black Market.  I wanted a pair of coral pants that I could wear throughout the year, not just this Spring. So like I usually do I went to all my fave online stores till I found a pair.  These are $78 and have some stretch in them (they come in a curvy style too)...I used an online coupon and got them for $66...not bad!  And they are good quality clothes from White House Black Market so I know they will last.

I wanted to create a few different outfits that are easy to put together for a multitude of occasions.  When you can wear something many times it makes the $ investment worth more to your fashion closest right?  And you can take a bright color like this coral and MAKE it a neutral.


So I created 7 different looks with this one pair of pants (that I LOVE)!


OUTFIT #1


First outfit I paired them with this Old Navy top that I love...its lightweight, have ruching at the top and is long enough to wear as a coverup over your swimsuit or with leggings. This top here would be cute with these pants too. I love blues paired with coral...so pretty and definitely perfect for Spring.  Belt is by Tarnish and is from Nordstrom and I have it in cream as well...love it.  Pearl bracelets are from Silpada.  I wore this outfit on Saturday to run errands with the hubs.
Shoes are by Steve Madden (in bone color) from Nordstrom as well, I love a comfy & cute nude wedge because you can wear them with a ton of things (skirts, jeans, pants, shorts, dresses).  Not too high of a heel so perfect for running errands in or going out to lunch with friends too.
*****

OUTFIT #2


And of course they look cute paired with anything white!  I love white t-shirts in all styles but the ones that have the ruching on the sides are my fave right now.  Mine is from Loft last year but they have some out this year too by many different brands/stores...Target had some too.  The belt is from Levis that I got in NYC many years ago and it is hands down still my favorite belt.  


The floral scarf I picked up at Nordstrom...its an infinity scarf ($18) and I love the floral pattern that will look good with cream, white, coral, pink, yellow and more! Bracelets and ring are all from Charming Charlie...I love a good bargain and I pick up lots of jewelry from there to wear that I can pair up with other things I have in my jewelry box.


The shoes are by Calvin Klein and yep they look high but they are super cushy and comfy...love them!  I had some coupons adding up to $30 off at DSW so I got these for a steal...worth every penny.  I will be wearing them with EVERYTHING this summer...just watch!

****

OUTFIT #3


And of course I had to pair the pants with black...I love black and I love making these sweet coral pants a bit more edgy too!  The Michael Kors blazer is from Nordstroms that I've had for a couple of years...but it must do well because they still have it HERE for sale. I have worn it probably 200+ times and it holds its shape well, packs easily and is a nice weight.  The t-shirt is a slouchy shirt with a leather pocket that I got at Charming Charlie.  I just ordered this long, double pendant here that I will totally pair with this outfit.

The owl bracelet is one of my faves and I picked up when I was in Charleston,SC last year....if you google owl cuffs quite a few variations come up.  I believe I paid about $25 for mine and I wear it ALL the time.

Shoes are Franco Sarto (one of my fave brands) and look great paired with anything all year long.
***
OUTFIT #4


And why not go monochromatic and all out pink right?  This pale pink looks nice with the darker coral and a different pair of tan wedges.  The shirt is from ages ago (Loft)..I hold onto clothes for a long time  if I love them, they are good quality and they are classic.  Can't go wrong with a wrap top for summer in a pretty pink.  Shoes are by Clarks & are from a few years ago too, but these here would be a cute alternative.

OUTFIT #5


And you can dress them up for date night as well!  They look great paired with a pretty top and dressing accessories right?  The top I bought with birthday money from White House Black Market...its silky and I adore the fluttery sleeves and waistband.  I coudn't find it online so I'm not sure if its out of stock because it was a newer item.  Shoes are by Guess that I got to wear with a Christmas dress and I love the shiny patent leather...they are on sale at Zappos right now ;)


OUTFIT #6

Navy also looks great paired with coral...think outside the box when pairing items with a bright color. The navy tones the pink down a bit and makes a statement.  This is one of the Gap lightweight sweaters I got in early Spring...perfect for Spring and Fall/Winter and I love the colors...its on sale now for $24.99!  I didn't get a picture of my feet because my cat was OBSESSED with staring into the mirror while I did this out fit LOL...and yes my dog Baylee had to be in the picture too.  When you have 8 animals there is little escape ;)


On my feet I had my Michael Kors flats on...I have them in hot pink too and LOVE them...so comfy and stylin'.  But white, brown or nude sandals/wedges or boots would look great with this too.


OUTFIT #7


And last but not least I paired them with a floral top and Coach sandals for a casual everyday look.  The top is from Loft from 2 years ago but its one of my faves.  The sandals I got because I love the nude color and style...nice and casual.  Nail polish by Essie (In The Cab-ana) LOL!



Both of these colors (yellow & aquas) would look awesome paired with coral as well.




Share:

5 comments

  1. How fun! I wish I looked that good in skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby...and I'm sure you could rock anything you wanted to ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful outfits, Suzanne, you look great! I'm really enjoying your newer blog. Love scrapbitz.com and love this one too. Yummy recipes, awesome DIY, great fashion ideas. You're one talented girl!! Thanks for all the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you SO much Lisa..that means a lot to me! I love this blog just because its my way of communicating with others actually LOL...with the kids gone all the time and hubby working late its my way of getting all that convo out that's inside and I love to share ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow love all the looks with these fabulous coral skinny jeans. Great selfies too, Suzanne. Looks like you are stepping into Spring with a BANG.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig