life is always about the journey...

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Superbowl Sunday!



Its Superbowl Sunday everyone.....what's your favorite part of this event?
The food, the smack talk, the entertainment or the game?  
I will go with all of the above LOL. We are big football fans and even though our Redskins & Ravens didn't make it this year we still love to watch the Superbowl.
And I'm a big fan of Bruno Mars so I can't wait to see him perform too.

And then there is the food and having people over...that's all fun too.  Always love some good
smack talking with friends and family while eating foods that can make you feel like you got hit by a mac-truck later...HA!  But its all good right?


We are rooting for the Broncos to win...nothing against Seattle really...we just love Peyton Manning.

And of course the commercials...some of the best commercials of the year are on during the Superbowl and of course some of the dumbest lamest!



And next Friday the Sochi Winter Olympics start...whoot whoot!  Can't wait for that!


************************
Superbowl Menu


So this is the spread that the Dean's household will have out tomorrow...some of it I made and some I bought pre-made cuz' hey mom needs a break too right?  The links to the recipes are below as well...I like foods that are easy to grab and eat (except the wings of course).


Wings (hot & brown sugar)
Warm Crab Dip
Beer Bacon Cheese Dip
Hot Spinach Dip
Jack Daniels Glazed Shrimp
Hot Dog Bar
Parmesan Chicken Sliders
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Loaded Potato Skins
Spicy Deviled Eggs with Candied Bacon
Veggie Tray
Chips & Pretzels
Cookies & Cupcakes

*********************

(let me count the ways I love these...and the candied bacon...oh myyyy mmm)


Loaded Potato Skins
Just load em up with goodies...its all good :)



Easy to make & oh-so yummy


I have my own recipe for this but this is pretty close...of course
you use Old Bay for the seafood seasoning y'all!



Really yummy & not as messy


Just plain...droolicious good...that is all!


You can grill these or boil, soak in Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce & serve cold..good both ways!



....need I say more


If you are watching the game...enjoy and make sure to check out the commercials.
I post my favorite on Facebook :)

But this commercial below so far is my favorite that's been pre-released...it will make your heart smile!
One of my fave songs too!




Have a great Sunday!


Share:

3 comments

  1. Yum! Let me know what time to be there - your spread looks awesome! I'm especially intrigued by the spicy deviled eggs. I've never heard of candied bacon before but it sounds delicious.

    I love football and primarily watch the Superbowl for the game itself (go Broncs!) and for the commercials. I have some snacks lined up but nothing that sounds as good as what you're serving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, wish I was at your house, just for the food. Looks delicious. I'm not a football fan, so have been in my basement craft room making Valentine cards. Enjoy. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should not have started reading this post before I had lunch! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig