life is always about the journey...

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Big Flavor Recipes for Short on Time Cooks!

Some Tummy Nummies For You!


I have been cooking up a storm lately.  Not that I don't most weeks but now that the kids are older and more willing to eat different things I've been trying to cook a lot of new recipes or create my own recipes.  I'm also trying to get away from all processed foods...nothing out of a box or frozen bag as much as possible.  Plus I get bored with the same old, same old...which is why we would eat out a lot at restaurants so kids could get boring food and adults could have new stuff LOL.  But I've cut our eating out A LOT and now I cook 6 times a week sometimes 7...it depends on what we are doing that week and where we may be on the weekends.  

So I thought I'd share a few recipes with you each week that I've tried and loved OR created meself...so if you are looking for something new to cook...here ya go!  These recipes got 2 thumbs up from the hubster and BOTH the teens :)

*********************************

Man Pleasin' Chicken
(its Woman Pleasin' too I assure you, lol)


{not my pic, I forgot to take one when I made LOL}


Literally this chicken was so good I had to strap myself to the table to not eat another piece.  It was just slightly crispy on the outside and moist inside...and sooooo flavorful.  And not a whole lot to it which is nice and easy during the week when you may be pressed for time.  I got this recipe HERE but tweaked it a bit for my liking!

-1 pkg Chicken Thighs
(I use organic chicken and I did 2 pkgs because I have 2 teens)
* 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard 
(I used Jack Daniels Dijon mustard cuz I love the flavor)
*1/4 cup Maple Syrup
*1 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
*Salt & Pepper
*calls for fresh Rosemary but I didn't include that on mine


Instructions:

*IMPORTANT....line your pan with foil and spray it good cuz the maple syrup will crust a bit and be a PIA to clean off...trust me...I know these things ;)

*Whisk the dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice-wine vinegar together in a bowl

*salt & pepper your chicken thighs and put in foil lined pan (don't forget the FOIL)

*then pour the mixture over the chicken, then flip each piece of chicken so its well coated

*I let my chicken sit in the sauce for 30 mins in fridge to really marinate it a bit

*cook at 450 degs for 40 - 45 mins or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degs (do not cover it while cooking)

*baste chicken after 20 mins or do it the lazy way like me and FLIP the chicken in the pan LOL

*let sit for 5 mins after done, then serve...I drizzled a bit of the leftover sauce from the pan onto each piece as well.

And let the Yummmmmmms hit your Tummmmm

************************

Mini Monkey Bread


So I love bread....no I mean I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some good bread.  I however don't really enjoy making it...but I'm REAL good at eating it...yeah...slathered with butter and/or honey...mmmmm good stuff to my tum-tum.  I can cook anything...but making bread never appealed to me even though both my mom & dad excel in it and make it every darn day.  Guess God made my tummy to like it but my hands to not make it LOL!  So when I came across this recipe originally on Pinterest I was intrigued.  

The recipe HERE originally uses Rhodes Dough....I'd never heard of Rhodes Dough...ever...so I looked up online where you could buy it and low-and-behold Wegmans sells it.  Its in the freezer aisle and comes in rolls, loaves or a ball of dough...AWESOMELY COOL!  So I immediately went and got meself some and this recipe is super easy to make and OMG soooo good....really good....I won't tell you how many I ate...BUT I did a double workout the next day, so you feel me yes? LOL  
Now if you are ambitious and love to make bread...then go right ahead!  If you don't like to like me or are short on time...buy the Rhodes Dough...and you don't have to tell.  Peshaw...tell those folks you made the whole darn thing from scratch...yes indeedy :)   And the Rhodes website has other awesome recipes too for their dough so go check 'em out!!  Goooooo!

Ingredients:

12 Rhodes™ Dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons corn syrup
(I used light corn syrup to cut calories)
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1-2 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
***

Instructions:

Cut each dinner roll into 6 equal pieces make sure you let the dough sit out for a bit and thaw out.

In a bowl, combine butter and corn syrup and stir until well mixed. 

In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and mix well. 

Take each of the 6 roll pieces in the butter mixture and then in the sugar mixture. Place 6 pieces in each well sprayed cup of a 12 muffin pan. Repeat with remaining roll pieces.   So literally one roll dough gets cut into 6 pieces and those 6 pieces go into one of the muffin slots ok....took me a min to get that at first LMBO!

Cover pan with sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size. 
Remove the wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes. 

Cool 3-4 minutes before removing from pan. 

Combine icing ingredients and mix well to a thin consistency with no chunk-a-loos ok. Drizzle over monkey breads if desired but duhhh why wouldn't you want the icing..mmmm its literally the icing on the cake...errr monkey bread LOL!

*************

So I hope I helped you with some tummy-nummies this week!  I will share soon a few other recipes that were off the charts good too...and easy to make...whoot!


Do you have a top recipe that is easy to make but BIG on flavor?  Let me know, I love to try new recipes!!


Share:

1 comment

  1. You are making me hungry. I'll be trying the chicken for sure. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig